Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Grocery Shopping So Far This Week: Lots of Organic!

Kroger:  I spent a total of $44.92 for all of this.  My receipt says I saved a total of $107.84 or 70%.  I actually bought these items on Sunday.  All but a couple items- you can still get the same price if you live in my area.
Here's what I got:

  • 8 Jars of Organic Santa Cruz Juice.  On sale for Buy 1 Get 1 Free or $2.10 each  I used (8) .75/1 manufacturer coupons= $1.35 each
  • The Fuze drink and the tiny Skinny Cow ice cream were both free and came off when I scanned my card.  I got these through the Kick off to Savings instant win game online.
  • 2 boxes of Fruit-Bu snacks at $3.99 each.  I used 1 Buy 1 Get 1 Free Printable Coupon
  • 2 boxes of Stretch Island fruit company snacks at $3.99 each.  I used 1 buy one get 1 free Printable Coupon
  • 1 Jar of Krunchers brand Cashew butter $7.09- $7.09 for a free item coupon that I received by emailing the company.
  • 2 packs of Wholly Gaucamole on sale for buy one get one free or $1.25 each.  I used (2) $1.50/1 Printable Coupons= .25 overage each.
  • Tide Stain Release $5.99- $3.00 e-coupon and - $3.00 manufacturer coupon = free
  • 2 Luna bars for $1 each - (2) .50/1 Printable coupons previously available (each doubled to $1 off)= free
  • Red grapes on sale for .97/lb. = $2.33
  • 2 loaves of Arnold bread on sale for $1.99 each- Free item coupon received by emailing the company (took off $4)= both for free
  • 2 bottles of Knudsen Organic Sparkling juice on sale for $1.48 per bottle (this sale was only through 10-31)
  • Kroger Chocolate milk half gallons for .88 each.  I actually bought 2 but I was already gone before I got this picture taken.  This sale price was also only valid until 10-31
  • New York Strip Steak on sale for $4.97/lb.  (my kroger did not have the T-bones that were on sale- so they were substituting New York Strip for the same price)=$17.74  - $1 coupon that I received in a Kroger mailer= $16.74 total
  • 2 packages of Quilted Northern bath tissue on sale for $1.99 each.  I used (2) .50/1 Printable Coupons (each doubled to $1) = .99 each
  • Organic Bananas= $1.16
  • 2 boxes of Cheerios, 1 box of Honey nut chex, 1 box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch= $1.49 each for buying 4.  I used (2) $1/1 Cheerios coupons, and a total of $1.65 in E-coupons came off as well= approx. .57 each

Walmart Shopping Trip:  I paid a total of $27.06 for everything pictured above.
Here's what I got:

  • Organic Cauliflower for $3.57
  • Organic Broccoli for $2.98
  • Organic Celery Hearts for $2.88
  • 3 bags of Organic Carrots for .88 each (I used a total of (2) $2/2 coupons from Recycle bank)
  • Frigo String Cheese for $2.98- $1.50/1 previously available printable coupon= $1.48
  • 5 lb. bag of red potatoes price-matched to .99 with Aldi
  • 2 lb. bag of sweet onions price-matched to .99 with Aldi
  • 3 lb. bag of yellow onions price-matched to .99 with IGA
  • Pistashios for $3.88- $2/1 Coupon from Recycle Bank= $1.88
  • Avery Labels on roll-back for $4- $5/1 Printable Coupon= $1 overage
  • True North Nuts on clearance for $1.50
  • 6 cans of Libby's vegetables price matched to .45 each with Dollar General- (2) $1/3 Printable Coupons= .12 each
  • Bush's Black beans price-matched to .69 with IGA
  • 4 bags of Shredded cheese price-matched to $1.98 with Schnucks
  • 6 bars of Kraft chunk cheese price-matched to $2 each with Meijer ( I used (2) $5/5 Kraft dairy printable coupons)= .98-$1 each
  • 5 lb. bag of Whole Wheat Flour price-matched to $1.39 with County Market.
  • 4 boxes of Store brand baking soda price-matched to .45 each with Aldi (looking at my reciept- these were somehow put in at .02 each instead of .45??)
  • 4 bottles of Coffeemate creamer price-matched to $1.50 each with Meijer( these were also entered incorrectly as .43 each??)  I am not sure how these price errors happened as they are not even close to the price I told the cashier- I didn't realize until I started typing this up- but I also used (4) $1.50/1 Printable Coupons= $1.07 overage each.


Today I went by CVS and got another Oral-B toothbrush for free.  It was on sale for $4.99 with a $2 ECB back.  I used a $3/1 coupon from the 10-31 P&G insert to get it for free after the ECB

Here is what I got at Walgreens today:  (checked out at the cosmetics counter because I was doing 4 transactions)
  • Transaction 1:  2 Vicks Sinex on sale for $5 each with a $5 R.R. back when you buy 2.  I used (2) $4/1 coupons from the 10-10 P&G insert.  I paid $2 and got back a $5 R.R.
  • Transaction 2:  the same as #1
  • Transaction 3:  1 Zarbees cough syrup on sale for $5.99 with a $6 R.R. back.  I paid with the $5 R.R. from Trans #1 and $1 cash and got back a $6 R.R.  (too bad I never printed off the $3/1 coupon available a couple weeks ago :))
  • Transaction 4:  4 packages of Olay Soap on sale for $3.74 each.  4 Secret Deodorants on sale for $3.99 each.  I used (4) $5 off coupons from the 10-31 P&G insert.  I used the $6 R.R. earned from the Zarbeese to help pay for it + $5 cash and got back a $10 R.R. for buying $30 in participating P&G products.  
All totaled I paid $10 at Walgreens and ended up with $15 R.R. remaining, for a $5 Money Maker!

2 comments:

  1. holy cow Anna teach me how you do all this stuff! Im SO incredibly impressed! My husband would LOVE it if i could do all this (id luv myself more too!)

    ReplyDelete